Tuesday, 3 June 2008.
♥
UNREQUITED LOVEAisyah - 16 years old .
I couldn't believe it , he was laughing hysterically at me . It wasn't funny at all .
I was wearing a cute pink slippers that i thought was my best friend's . Then i realised it was my grandmother's . I kicked the slippers away from my toes feeling slightly bummed out . Then he laughed . Even though he looked cute , i felt annoyed . My heart beat faster and my cheeks flushed .
I sighed . I thought i had stopped having acrush on him ten years ago . Obviously not . I tried not to think about him anymore but whenever i do , i have this weird feeling that makes me happy . Maybe i'll stop liking him 10 years later ..
10 years later , Aisyah - 26 years old & still single .
I stared at him with a lump in my throat . He was so dashing that i felt breathless . Unfortunately , he was getting married to someone else .
I saw him gazing happily at his blushing bride . I stepped towards him and tried to smile . "Hi .." I said awkwardly . He looked at me and smiled . Just a smile from him had made my day , "Do i know you ?" he asked casually .
He asked as if it was a simple question but to me it was the most callous and hurtful question i've ever heard . I felt my face went red . Why couldn't he remember me ? Even after we've grown apart, i still remembered everything about him . I saw him staring at me waiting for my reply . I was too upset to say anything . i took a deep breath and said goodbye at him before rushing out from the wedding hall . I knew in my heart that i won't get to see him ever again .
Aisyah - 40 years later , 66 years later & still single .
I coughed loudly , gasping for breath . The place was full of waste and haze surrounded the atmosphere . I continued to walk to reach my destination knowing that I didn't have much time .
I saw a dozen of tombstones in front of me . I had reached my final destination . I searched until I saw that name . I sat near the grave and said , " Hello , my love , we meet again . " It had been FORTY YEARS since i last saw him .
As i reminisced about the past , i realised that i didn't regret not getting married or loving him for the last SIXTY years of my life . In fact , loving him was a blessing to me . I thank Allah that I got to love someone as wonderful as he is . I still love him even though i knew he smoked and he liked to tease me all the time . I just wished i had told him how i felt so he could know that there will always be someone who loves him .
As i rested on his grave , i felt that my chest was hurting and i had a hard time breathing . My head was getting dizzier by every minute . Suddenly I knew it was time to move on to another world .
I lied myself down on the ground beside his grave and prayed to Allah in my final moments . Then i closed my eyes and let out my last breath .
The End
By, Nuraisyah (Momok) - 15 January 2007
This is a story that never fails to bring tears to my eyes .
A gratitude to,
Nuraisyah Samsuddin , my childhood friend since nursery & the author of this short story . (:
& to,
Nur Khairiyyah Nordin, for rewriting it back for me with that clear handwriting of yours . (:
Thank you .
Love you both .
I've promised to blog this . & now i've fulfill it . (:
Sorry if it took a year plus . Sorry AisyahMomok . hehh .
Gorilla loves you very much .
tahniah . *winks*
Labels: unrequitedlove.love.

